BIG RAPIDS CAMPUS
What is the Women's Ministry Vision?
Woman to woman. Older to younger. Day to day. Life to life. This is God’s beautiful plan.
The Titus 2 model of older woman living out the gospel alongside younger women is vital for us all to thrive. It is mutually strengthening, glorifies God, and makes His truth believable to our world.
Imagine older women investing themselves in the lives of younger women, blessing whole families and churches. Imagine young wives, moms, and singles gaining wisdom and encouragement from women who’ve been there and have found God’s ways to be true and good. Imagine all women–from older to young girls–living out His transforming gospel together, growing the entire body of Christ to be more beautiful.
This is Christian community as God designed it. This is the Vision for Trinity Women’s Ministry.
What is Mentoring?
Mentoring is one way we fulfill the Titus 2:4a command, “…older women must train the younger women…” Mentoring is a relationship where the more seasoned person shares their knowledge and experience to assit others in navigating their own lives and in becoming a mature disciple of Christ. Spiritual Mothering is a more accurate description of Christian mentoring.
Mentoring is having someone who believes in you, provides a role model, promote spiritual growth, and provides accountability. A mentor is an encourager, helps you establish and achieve goals, is available in a time of crisis, is a trusted adviser, benefits other relationships in your life, and is free.
How do you start a mentoring relationship?
The most successful mentoring relationships develop naturally. (A great resource to read is Organic Mentoring by Barbara Neumann and Sue Edwards) Unfortunately, not everyone is able to find a mentoring relationship “organically”. So we have to add a few ingredients to help them “grow”. Let me introduce you to Mentoring Connections and Mentoring Socials.
- Mentoring Connections are designed to be a more structured gathering for Mentees to connect with Mentors. The goal is for them to get to know each other a little bit and see if there is a natural connection they wish to continue into a developing relationship. Upcoming events include Coffee & Speed Dating, Ladies Tea, a Mentoring Retreat and THE Gathering.
- A Mentoring Social is a less formal gathering to mingle with multi-generations of women. Again providing an opportunity for natural mentoring connections to develop. Upcoming events include: Smore’s & More Fireside Chat, Friends in the Making: Ladies Night In, and a Christmas Mixer.
Already in a mentoring relationship?
Did you know Trinity Fellowship has developed a great mentoring tool called God’s Woman? Take your relationship to the next level with this in-depth study on how to be God’s Woman. Contact the church office for your free copy!
For more information on the Trinity Fellowship’s Women’s Ministry, contact Sharon Kuhn firstname.lastname@example.org 620.341.7626
Small groups are also a great way to form a bond. Check out these women’s small groups!
- Sunrise Women’s Bible Study: Wednesdays 6:30-7:30am
- Women of the Word: Thursdays 9-11am
- Childcare available!
- Try It Tuesday: 3rd Tuesdays 7-9pm
- Our Story: Panel Discussions: 1st Fridays 7pm
- Our Story: Happily, Ever After? – February 7th
- Our Story: Growing Family – March 6th
- Our Story: Body & Mind – April 3rd
- Our Story: Changing Seasons – May 1st