Ministry to Women
Woman to woman. Older to younger. Day to day. Life to life. This is God’s beautiful plan.
The Titus 2 model of older woman living out the gospel alongside younger women is vital for us all to thrive. It is mutually strengthening, glorifies God, and makes His truth believable to our world.
Imagine older women investing themselves in the lives of younger women, blessing whole families and churches. Imagine young wives, moms, and singles gaining wisdom and encouragement from women who’ve been there and have found God’s ways to be true and good. Imagine all women–from older to young girls–living out His transforming gospel together, growing the entire body of Christ to be more beautiful.
This is Christian community as God designed it. This is the Vision for Trinity Women’s Ministry.
Mission and Goal Objectives
Our mission is for women to grow and encourage one another, in intentional intergenerational discipling relationships, for advancing the Kingdom.
- Teach women that disciplining (woman to woman) is a mandatory command in scripture for Christian women. Discipling, going and bearing fruit, is our God-given mission. It’s not a program, it is how we do life.
- Celebrate lives that are being changed through disciplining mentoring. Share stories of how God has used and is using intergenerational relationships to grow mature Christians in Christ. Celebrate what God is doing through these intentional relationships.
- Identify women who have grasped the vision and accepted the mission as their own. Pray for, equip and support them with resources.
- Promote intergenerational interaction through Bible studies and event gatherings.
- Remain missional minded by seeking to include the unchurched and women from other denominations in our community.
- We will aim to be women of the Word growing in sound doctrine and applying it to our daily lives (Matthew 4:4, 28:18-20; 2 Timothy 3:14-17).
- We will aim to help each woman embrace God’s beautiful design for womanhood through Titus 2 mentoring, teaching, and equipping the next generation to glorify God (Titus 2:3-5, 11-16; Genesis 2:18; Genesis 1:26-27; Proverbs 14:1; Ephesians 5:22-23; 1 Peter 3:1-6).
- We will seek rich, fragrant fellowship and friendship around the study of God’s Word that encourages and strengths each woman in the bond of sisterhood growing in meaningful relationships with God and one another. (John 15:12; Acts 2:42-47; Deuteronomy 6:4-12; Mark 12:29-30; Ephesians 6:10-18; Titus 2:3-5).
- We will aim to make fully devoted disciples who multiply and make disciples thereby fulfilling the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20).
2. FROM THE CHURCH OUT, GROWING HEALTHY TOGETHER: We will pursue reaching multi-generations and will be increasingly outreach oriented by being invitational, relational, event-driven, missional.
- To equip women to grow in Christ, recognize and develop their gifts, and edify Christ’s church and the work of His Kingdom (Ephesians 4:12-16; 2 Timothy 1:5; Psalm 78:4-7, 1 Corinthians 10:31-33).
- Seek opportunities to share the gospel of Christ with unbelievers (Matt. 28:19-20; Col. 4:3-6).
- Pray for a movement of revival and reformation among God’s people that will result in the advancement of the Kingdom and gospel of Christ among all nations (2 Chronicles 7:14; Psalm 51:1-10; Psalm 85:6; 2 Pet. 3:9).
- Equip and encourage spiritually mature women to come alongside younger women in order to equip and encourage the next generation to live for God’s glory. To live out the mandate of Titus 2 as older women, modeling godliness and training younger women to be pleasing to God in every respect. As younger women receiving instruction with meekness and humility and aspiring to become mature women of God who in turn will train the next generation (Titus 2:3-5).
Check back at the end of the summer for details on fall 2020 small group plans.
Interested in finding mentoring?
Everyone is created unique with varying journeys through life. But one thing is certain, we can learn from each other and grow along the way.
It’s important to keep in mind that the most beneficial mentoring relationships form out of a natural connection combined with being intentional in developing that relationship. Like the beginning of any friendship in life, it takes time and effort to grow beyond the surface.
There are different types of mentors.
- Topical Mentor. There is a specific area of life you would like to give emotional support and share personal wisdom learned. Such as marriage, parenting, changing seasons of life, college, etc.
- Accountability Partner. More formal mentoring using a tool with a mentee such as the God’s Woman workbook, a book or Bible study.
- Spiritual Mother. Essentially adoption into the family, walking through every area of life together.
The time commitment, personal involvement, and preparation required for each varies depending on your willingness and initiative. Scripture commands the older to teach the younger…how, what & when are the questions you decide.
Let us help you find the right mentoring relationship. Join us at an upcoming Mentoring Connection. Check the calendar and Big Rapids Ministry to Women’s Facebook page for more details. Or contact us, information at the bottom of the page.
Already in a mentoring relationship?
Did you know Trinity Fellowship has developed a great discipleship tool called God’s Woman? Take your relationship to the next level with this in-depth study on how to be God’s Woman. Contact the church office for your free copy!